At Star International School the Foundation Stage or Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) is based upon four principals:
• A unique child: developing resilient, capable, confident and self-assured individuals
• Positive relationships: supporting the children in becoming strong and independent
• Enabling environments: where opportunities and experiences respond to the individual needs of the child by developing a strong partnership between practitioners, parents/carers and the child
• Learning and developing: an acknowledgement that children learn in different ways and at different rates
All children are unique.
We understand that every child is a competent learner who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured. We understand that children develop in individual ways, at varying rates. Children’s attitudes and dispositions to learning are influenced by feedback from others; we use praise and encouragement, as well as celebration/ sharing assemblies and positive behaviour management, to encourage children to develop a positive attitude to learning.
Here at Star International School we meet the needs of all our children through:
• planning and providing a wide range of play opportunities that build upon and extend children’s knowledge, experience and interests, and develop their self-esteem and confidence as well motivating and supporting children to help them learn effectively
• using a wide range of teaching strategies based on children’s learning needs
• providing a safe and supportive learning environment in which the contribution of all children is valued
• using resources which reflect diversity and are free from discrimination and stereotyping
• planning challenging play activities for children whose ability and understanding are in advance of their language and communication skills
• monitoring children’s progress and taking action to provide support as necessary
• developing strong partnerships with parents and the wider community