Early Years Foundation Stage
Foundation Stage is where your child will start their exciting learning journey.
At Star International School, Mirdif, the Early Years Foundation Stage is based on four principles:
- A unique child: developing resilient, capable, confident and self-assured individuals.
- Positive relationships: supporting the children in becoming independent learners.
- Enabling environments: where opportunities and experiences respond to the individual needs of the child by developing a strong partnership between practitioners, parents/carers and the child.
- Learning and developing: your child will be learning skills, acquiring new knowledge and demonstrating their understanding through seven areas of learning and development. The three Prime areas are: Communication and Language, Physical Development and Personal, Social and Emotional development. The four specific areas are: Literacy, Maths, Understanding the World and Expressive Arts.
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
- Creative and critical thinking
These characteristics of learning teach children skills such as problem solving, critical thinking, curiosity, resilience and many more. These skills help to develop the whole child and allow them to become lifelong learners.
Teachers and Classrooms
Our passionate teachers fully support and actively engage with children, ensuring that the activities are suited to each child’s unique needs and interests.
Well-resourced classrooms inspire children to explore what interests them, which allows for a meaningful context for children to develop skills at their own pace in an enjoyable, safe, and challenging learning environment.